Hi,
Today, I went to church at FBC. Chris went with me. After that I went to the car wash (long overdue) I ate some lunch in my room and got the banjos all packed up. This afternoon I met the members of the Living History group I'm going to be a part of, its called Voices From The Past. This group travels to different museums, iplantations, and villages - acting out the parts of African-Americans during the 1800s. My interest in history, and the banjo with its connections with black culture, is why I'm going to be a part of it. They were wonderful people, very kind and excited to have me. We talked about upcoming events and we're all looking forward to spending more time with each other. I am by far the youngest (next up is about 15 years older than me) and right now I'm the only white dude in the crowd. Who cares.
Last night we had a Rasta Reggae band perform. I got to meet them and spend some time with the members. They were awesome poeple and great musicians. I even got to talk with the lead singer about Jamaican banjo playing styles. It was a very interesting experience.
Sunday, September 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ROCK on with the banjo!
Post a Comment