Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Squealin'


VP
Originally uploaded by stevochicken86.
Well Hello Folks,

This weekend I got to do lots of fun things. It was Squealin On The Square, our town's annual Barbeque festival. I volunteered at the event, changing the trash barrels with Hunter. We got to ride around on a golf cart Friday & Saturday, which was fun, minus the trash. I got to see tons of great friends, and had lots of good conversations with folks. The Artist's Coop held its Grand-reopening, and we made a great profit from our silent auction. I enjoyed spending time with my great friends there, and playing music with Hunter and others. One person who walked in told me about a banjo he built several years ago, he then offered to give it to me! Later he brought it back to the Coop, how cool. I went to eat with family and friends, including Laura. Later, Laura and her friend came back to the Coop and we hung out for a while. Good times. I spent the night at my second home, at Hunter's house, Saturday night.
Sunday I went to church and enjoyed Sunday School with the crew. Afterwards, I met with my scoutmaster and finished working out my eagle scout paperwork. In the next month or two, I'll be able to have a board of review, where a group of citezens will decide if I should get it.
I got back to school Sunday night. I've been staying plenty busy. Tonight, after Bible Study, I had the VP debate on while working on homework. I caught some interesting bits from both. Dick and John are both good speakers, they each have a way with words. This debate was a lot better than the last one. Since there weren't as many rules, they could clear up some issues, which are often blurred by both sides. I find these two to be much more articulate, and at times more interesting than their counterparts. )
Ok, back to work. God Bless!

No comments: