-Well, It has been a good while since I last posted. A lot has happened...
-Last weekend was Fall Break. I got to come home Thursday night and jam with friends at Crew's Music. After that, I went out to eat with the crew for Julia's Birthday. It was great to see them all. -Friday morning, I left with Dad, Tyler, Hunter, Phillip, Mitchell, Gary, Phillip J, and Marc for the NC Mountains! We stopped at the Waffle House and Diamond Brand Outfitters before hitting the trail outside of Brevard. We started in on the Turkey Pen Trailhead with our backpacks. After hiking a 45 degree angle uphill for a long time, we went down the mountain. We got to the river where the swinging bridge had been washed away with the hurricane weather. So we got to cross it horse-style. It was pretty cold. Just across the river we set up camp. A fire was made, tents and hammocks set up, and food was cooked. We all sat around and chilled before going to bed.
In the morning we hiked out, cleaned up, and got some great North Carolina BBQ, with plenty of vinegar. We figured we had gotten our fill of strenuous backpacking for the weekend, and set up in our family favorite Davidson River campground in Pisgah Forest. After setting up camp, Hunter and I rode to Brevard. We went to Celestial Mountain Music, a great acoustic instrument store owned by some friends-of-friends. I got to play some awesome gourd banjos, and I bought a great shirt (I posted the graphic at the top) We then cruised around the campus of Brevard College, which Hunter is looking at pretty hard. After that we got some groceries and went back to camp. The cold didn't get to us because the guys were busy pushing down dead trees, breaking them apart, and keeping a huge fire going the whole time.
-In the morning, we had breakfast and the guys kept finding pelnty of wood to make big flames with. After visiting some more outfitters stores and eating some Mexican, we headed back. It was a great weekend.
-Monday, I had to go to the dentist. Enough said.
Then, I went to Papa & Grandmother's. We watched a video of a recent family event which was cool. After that I met Nanny for some lunch. It was good to visit my grandparents - who all live in the same town now! The last thing I did before coming back to school was VOTE. Yep, I went down to the courthouse and cast my first ballot. It made me feel very grateful to live in a country where my voice can be heard, without being opressed for it.
-This week I have been busy working on lots of projects and getting ready for my trip to Florida next weekend. It is going to be my first time participating in a Living History event. My main role will be a mid-1800s banjo player. Saturday, Hunter and Jim are coming to stay with me for a night. I'm looking forward to that. Also, Julia called last night and told me she got accepted to my school. Congratgulations pal!
Until next time......
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment