Sorry about not posting for a while - I've been pretty busy. There have been many late night art projects going on this month. I've also been home a good bit this month.
A few weeks ago I saw the movie Ray with Laura and HS Spanish teacher Mr.Ballenger - it was good.
Also recently, there was a meeting in town about the upcoming show Town Haul, which will be filmed in December. The Learning Channel will be airing a show early next year featuring our town as the show. It will involve volunteers working together on projects that will benefit the community. They will also be helping us get a lot of things done downtown that we've been needing for a while. There is much excitement around town right now, and I'm excited about being able to help.
On the 21st, I had my Eagle Scout Board of Review. It went well and I was approved to become an Eagle Scout. I'll have a ceremony early next year.
Thanksgiving Break was a lot of fun. I spent the night before Thanksgiving with Nanny. We woke up in the morning and worked on lunch while watching the parade. After we were all through on Dad's side, we went to Mom's side and had supper. Friday I went to downtown Greenville with the Holmes family. Saturday morning I got up at 4:30 and left for the Mall of Georgia with Mom and some friends. We shopped all day and then Mom dropped me off at the Handlebar in Greenville. There I met Dad, Hunter, and our friend Bob. We went to see Bluegrass legend Dr. Ralph Stanley. The opening act was a group of friends, the Blue Ridge Rounders. After they played some great Old-Time tunes, Ralph came out with his Clinch Mountain Boys. They did several great pieces together, then Ralph played a great clawhammer tune. After that he was all tuckered out. He left the stage but his son led the group in several more songs. It was a great show, and fun ending to the break.
Click Photo for larger version:
1st - Hunter & Me with Dr. Ralph
2nd- The Blue Ridge Rounders
3rd- Ralph playing Clawhammer style
Monday, November 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment