Hello All,
It's been a while since I updated this thing. A lot has happened! December was a very busy month for me. Toward the end of the semester, I had to do some staying up all night working on art projects. It got very hectic the last few days, and then it was sweet relief. I had a great first semester of college, but I was so glad to go home for a while. Right when I got home, I started helping out with The Learning Channel show that was filmed in Laurens, Town Haul. The show is going to be about the community coming together to work on big projects. TLC was there for about a month, and the left us with a new riverside amphitheatre, a playground, miniature golf course, a farmer's market, refurbished historical barber shop, a teen coffee house, and other cosmetic improvements like a courtyard, refurbished facade of a century old building, and two old murals revitalized on our town square. I got to work on most of the projects in some way, helping other volunteers scrape bricks from the old mill, build playground equipment, plant trees, and other things. At the unveiling of the amphitheatre, our group of Thursday night pickers got to play a song - right before they brought out surprise quest Hootie and the Blowfish. It was an awesome night. I met many people around town that I had never met, and became closer to others. It was so awesome to see people putting so much effort into the projects, so eager to build up the community.
Christmas came quick, and it was a good one. I had a great time at the two large family gatherings, on both sides of the family I'm blessed with grandparents and many aunts, uncles, and cousins.
After Christmas came and went, I went on the annual church ski retreat in West Virginia (a beautiful state!) We had an awesome time, ringing in the new year with so many friends. I fell on an advanced slope and twisted my knee a bit. It's better now.
I got to spend time with some family and friends between that and coming back to school. I'm settled back in very well, and feel even better about this semester now that I know what things are like. It was also good to see friends that I haven't seen in about a month.
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment