From April 23-24, I camped out at Musgrove Mill State Park. We had a revolutionary war reenactment and encampment displaying typical activities, such as spinning, cooking, blacksmithing, woodworking, stone carving, etc... I spent time with several close friends, and had some good campfire cooked food. There was much music played also. I played the gourd banjo David made, and Mark Simpson played his 400 year-old fiddle. Dad hammered out an assortment of ironworks on his brand new Colonial style portable forge that he made. After our visit to Williamsburg this year, he started making clothes and blacksmithing equipment nonstop until this event. Our outfits were made by many people, including Dad, Mom, Nanny, and Renee. All of them spent a lot of time sewing up some quality clothing (by hand!) On Sunday, we all got a big surprise when Brooke showed up! She has been teaching English in Japan for 9 months or so (too long!) We had a great visit and got to play some good Old-Time music.
Friday, May 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey...
Glad to meet a fellow re-enactor on Blogger. People might think us re-enactors are strange people but we probably spend more time with our families and doing useful things than most others... ;)
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you know I've stopped in checking out your site.
Post a Comment